Girls Birthday Party Ideas
“A Survival guide to planning an unforgettable girl’s birthday party”
Planning and smiling a birthday bash for a special little girl in your life can be a lot of fun – especially when you’re throwing a themed birthday party!
Throwing a party based around her favorite Disney princess, mermaids, or her favorite cartoon characters is sure to be a big hit, but other party ideas can include backyard adventures, petting zoos, and pony of the rides!
To help you avoid stress and overwhelm when planning and putting together a little girls birthday party we’ve put together this quick guide. Let’s dive right in!
Top 10 Birthday Party for a Girl Themes
- Disney Princess Celebration – You can’t go wrong throwing a party filled with Disney Princess characters, especially if all the guests get to dress up as their favorite Disney hero. You don’t have to go to Disneyland to throw a great Disney party (but that wouldn’t be a bad idea, either)
- My Little Pony Parties – Little girls love taking out their favorite Mind Little Pony, and if you want to take things to the next level you could even have arrangements made for a real pony that can be ridden to surprise the birthday girl!
- Mermaid Pool Party – This is especially fun if the little girl you’re throwing a party for has a birthday in the middle of summer, with all kinds of mermaid decorations and underwater activities planned for party guests.
- Scavenger Hunt – Putting together a quick backyard scavenger hunt can act as the backbone of a fun and adventure filled birthday party for little girls and little boys.
- Fairy Tale Parties – Dressing up as your little girl’s favorite fairytale characters in bringing these stories to life is an easy way to throw a birthday party she’ll never forget!
- Fun and Games – The theme of this birthday is to offer just as many backyard activities and games as possible, encouraging everyone to have fun and to compete with a big emphasis on teamwork.
- Frozen – Dressing up the birthday girl as either Elsa or Anna and having everyone else play along – maybe with mom or dad dressed as Olaf – is an easy way to throw a great party. Don’t forget to bring a karaoke machine loaded with Frozen songs!
- Magic and Wizardry – It’s hard to find even just a couple of little kids that don’t love magic, and if you’re willing to go the extra mile and hire a magician to come to the party you’re sure to create lifelong memories.
- The Incredibles – The second Incredibles movie just came out and kids are falling in love with these characters all over again. Costumes and games that let little girls show off their “superpowers” take this theme over the top.
- Cupcake and cookie decorating – Pre-bake a bunch of desserts, load up on toppings and frosting, and then let all of the little girls at the party go wild decorating their favorite desserts.
There’s always going to be a little stress and pressure planning and throwing a girls birthday party, so why not take a little bit of that weight off your shoulders with some party rentals that let you enjoy more of the party than you would have been able to otherwise.
We are talking about things like a slush machine, a popcorn machine, or even a soft serve machine producing ice cream on demand. Just imagine how much fun kids will have with a soft serve ice cream machine at their disposal throughout the party!
Another great rental to go with is a popcorn machine rental, about as close to a set it and forget snack solution as you’ll get.
The entertainment you choose for little girls birthday party will always be a big piece of the puzzle, a make or break element of throwing the kind of birthday party she’ll remember forever.
- A bouncy house or castle, especially if you’re going for a Disney/Princess theme for the birthday party
- A DIY bracelet making/crafting corner for guests to make their own party favors
- A cupcake decorating area where little girls can build their favorite cupcake with all their favorite toppings
- A soft serve ice cream or frozen yogurt machine, fun for little kids and adults
- A karaoke or digital DJ music system, letting kids pick and choose the soundtrack for the party
- A digital photo booth so that little girls can play dress up and take fun snapshots with their friends and guests
As far as party venues are concerned, you really can’t go wrong with hosting a little girls birthday party:
In the Backyard – This venue will always give you the most flexibility and freedom when planning a party, since you will be in complete and total control of the environment and the amenities
At a Local Amusement Park – Disneyland and Disney World may not always be in the cards when throwing a party for a little girl, but there are usually local amusement parks (like Six Flags or Busch Gardens) within a short drive that can be just as fun and as exciting. These parties are perfect for big groups and the adults will have a great time, too.
- Pool Party – Another summertime hotspot, nothing beats heading out to a pool when the temperature gets hot. All the amenities you could ever want to throw a great birthday party for little girls are here, too.
- Movie Theaters – Look for Disney movies, cartoons, or movies that she’s excited to go see playing at a local drive-in theater and make a group outing of it. Don’t forget the popcorn and the snacks!
- Petting Zoos – Little girls love cute animals. Bring them to a petting zoo where they can get up close and really personal with exotic animals to not only have a lot of fun but learn a lot about these animals, too.
- Spa Days – A trip to the spa with Mom, her sisters, or a couple of friends is always a welcome surprise. She’ll feel grown up and pampered!
Throwing a themed birthday part for your little girl is sure to be a hit. These are the kinds of parties they won’t ever forget, the kinds of parties they’ll be able to remember with their friends for years to come.
If you’d like a little help putting together the perfect themed party for your little girl, contact Sweet Solutions – a one-stop shop service to take all the pressure off your shoulders when planning these parties!